Before your lesson, please follow these instructions to get zoom set up on your device. These instructions are written using a Windows 10 PC but also apply to Mac Os. Zoom has a feature that allows superior audio quality when using either of these platforms and so I prefer it if you are able to use one of these computer types if possible. If not, IPads, IPhones, Android Tablets, Android Phones are all possible to use by downloading the Zoom app from the app store for your device but the sound will not be quite as good!
1. Head to the Zoom website download page https://zoom.us/download and Download the Zoom Client for Meetings.
2. Once you have the meeting client installed, click Sign In.
3. Click Sign Up Free and follow the process on the Zoom website to create your user account.
4. Once you have created your user account, sign in to your account in the Zoom app.
5. Once you have signed in, click on the Settings icon at the top right hand corner of the app.
6. Once settings has opened, Click Audio to open the Audio settings panel. Next turn off ‘Automatically adjust volume and adjust the microphone volume to an appropriate setting. (Hint, you will need to play your violin from the position you will play in for your lesson. If your microphone settings are not quite working, I’ll tell you in the lesson and this is where you’ll come to adjust them)
7. Once you have done this, Click Advanced.
8. Once the Advanced panel is open, Select ‘Show in-meeting option to Enable Original Sound from microphone, set Suppress Persistent Background Noise to Disable and set Suppress Intermittent Background Noise to Disable.
9. Congratulations, you have now set up your zoom app for excellent quality audio ready for your online lesson. If you have any problems with this process, give Karla a ring!